Tuesday, 30 July 2013

Google brings ‘verify apps’ support to Android 2.3 or higher

Google has silently increased the security of all Android devices running on Android 2.3 Gingerbread or above.

If you remember, Google introduced a new feature called “Verify Apps” in Android 4.2, which checked every side-loaded or pre-installed non-Google Play application on your Android device for malicious code or harmful behaviour. It is Google’s in-built malware scanner but until recently it was only available on devices running Android 4.2 or above. According to Computer World, Google has now integrated in Google Play Service app, which is automatically installed on every device with Android 2.3 or above and comes with Google Play support.

This makes around 95 per cent of the Android device more secure than ever. There are other security measure also in place like Bouncer – Google’s server side scanner for checking every app uploaded on Google Play, so the rest 5 per cent of Android devices are also not left totally un-supported.

No comments:

Post a Comment